Saturday, December 15, 2007

FAC


The Foreign Affairs Committee. The FAC, about which I have previously written [link here], has begun its consultations. Our Chief Minister met with the Committee during the recent meetings in London. I was particularly impressed with the following answer to question 104:

Q104 Chairman: You are only the Chief Minister?

Osbourne Fleming: I am only that and I delegate and I leave the guys to themselves. However, we are doing well financially. When you consider our geographical position, we are edging up. Our offshore services are slowly coming up. I am glad that the Minister of Finance is here: sometimes I get tired of him over there.

To read the testimony for yourself, you might like to click on the following link:
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200708/cmselect/cmfaff/uc147-i/uc14702.htm

Well, what do you make of it?


No comments:

Post a Comment