Sunday, November 30, 2008

Crown Jewels



Selling the Crown Jewels on eBay. This woman tells a story that she could not have made up.





“I acquired this medallion in 1995. It came from accountant David Stevens of Rutland, VT. He got it from a diving expedition off the coast Anguilla. The claim had not even been filed yet, he did provide us the name of the ship and Captain. El Buen Consejo “70 guns”, headed by Julis de Urcullo. It sunk in 1772.



My boyfriend at the time, Scott Young, was working in construction, did a job for David and was rewarded for a job well done with 4 of these medallions. Scott gave one to me. I put mine in my banks safe deposit box, and it has been there ever since.



The link to El Buen Consejo: http://www.spanishgalleon.ai/



I believe the saint pictured to be St. Camillus de Lellis: http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=265



I have found reproductions of this medallion for sale from 80-600 dollars.”



Does anyone in Anguilla remember the terms on which David Stevens and Bull Webster and their friends were permitted to excavate the ruins of Anguilla’s most famous shipwreck?



Does anyone even care that Anguilla’s crown jewels are being sold on eBay?



No comments:

Post a Comment