Saturday, January 24, 2009

Milestones



Passing the 100,000 visit mark. I nearly missed it. While I was in St Kitts attending the 90th birthday of my aunt, this blog celebrated its 100,000th visit. That is worth some sort of celebration. Join me in raising a glass to Corruption-free Anguilla.



I have configured the site meter so that it does not include my visits in the statistics. If I visit the blog four or five times a day, eg, to post comments, then my four or five visits are not counted in the statistics.



How it counts other persons I have never bothered to find out. It is very likely that if you visit once and then “refresh” five times, that will count as six separate visitors. I do not know if the figures are misleading in that way. It is possible that if you post a comment, then visit five or six times to see if anyone has responded to your comment, that will count as five or six separate visits. I do not know.



Even so, I am honoured that several of you have seen it fit to spend a few minutes each week visiting.



I am especially indebted to those of you who have posted explanations, elaborations, and even criticisms. They have all added to the interest. And, I have learned a thing or two.



My thanks to all of you.



PS: I stopped just in time spelling it “millstones”.



No comments:

Post a Comment