Tuesday, May 17, 2011

SPLENDOR BLOG INSPIRES A YOUNG CATHOLIC TO DEFEND THE FAITH




 Our Lady of Fatima University in Fairview










Dear
Fr. Abe,








Ave Maria!








First of all, I want to introduce myself. I am Bro. Alvin Keith S. De Perio, I
am from Novaliches, Quezon City and presently studying Physical Therapy in Our
Lady of Fatima University-Lagro and an active member of the Campus Ministry in
our university. I am also a member of the Franciscan Tertiaries of the
Immaculate, a lay branch of the Franciscans of the Immaculate, and a good
friend and fellow confreres of Bro. Rafael Vicho, a DFF Member. Actually, I
just heard this blog from him and when I visited your site, I found out that
your blog has a very excellent and marvelous commentaries and answers regarding
our faith based on our well-founded and strong doctrines of our Catholic faith
that our Lord Jesus Christ has left us 2000 years ago. Our doctrines alone can
refute against the illogical and baseless accusations by some Fundamentalists,
Saksi ni Batman, Iglesia ni Manalo, Quibolistas, Lutherans and among others.
Since the day I read your blog for the first time, I already become a good fan
of yours and my day will not be complete without reading your latest blogs for
that particular day. Your answers to them is definitely a big help for
everybody, especially for those Catholics who are about to leave the Church to
rethink and for all Catholics to know and defend their faith against all
baseless accusations and a good resource item for lay people, catechists and
even priests and religious. There are even times that I have to laugh hardly
because of your funny and strong answers to some Born Again people regarding
their baseless dogmas. Although your answers are mixed with some good sense of
humor, it is very informative and helpful for everybody…














I also want to share some personal experiences regarding argumentations on
faith. Actually, it happens a week ago. I have visited a good friend of mine in
her stall near our campus and incidentally, she introduced me to her friend
whom she regarded ‘God-fearing’ and a ‘biblical enthusiast’ which at that
moment visited their carinderia stall of my friend. After he learned that I was
a Catholic, he started out to state that the Catholic church is not from the
Sacred Scriptures…..But I replied firmly that in the contrary, the Sacred
Scriptures came from the Catholic church because the scriptures was been
compiled in order to defend our doctrines from heresies during that time…..and
the argumentation went on……Finally, after we passed on different topics about
the papacy and rupture which I strongly but politely answer and refute his
statements, the Catholic church emerged. I hope he is converted right now.
Thanks be to God, to our Mother Mary, and to you…..Because I read your blog
regularly and I learn a lot from it. I thank God that he uses you and your
humble blog in order to educate and to train Catholics about their faith and
how to defend it in such a way that is strong but charitable and polite. Your
site is very accessible all especially to young people like me.








Lastly, I want to learn more about the Catholic faith and to know it better..
Despite that we have lectures on Franciscan spirituality and on our Catholic
faith, I yearn to learn even more and better. I want to explore the faith that
our ancestors has left us and strengthen them during their lifetime.. Do you
have any seminars or lectures on a regular basis so that I can learn more? I
hope that I can attend those seminars in the near future and if God wills it, I
could meet you in person. Please continue this blog…..it is very helpful and
informative, not to mention some good sense of humor and some funny
explanations and keep up the good work. I will recommend this blog to all my
friends who want to know about our Catholic faith. Rest assured, my prayers
will be with you and to your team. Again, please accept my greetings to you and
to Bro. Marwill Llasos, OP and May the Hearts of Jesus and Mary may guide you
and your humble work. God bless you!








Yours in Jesus and Mary,








Alvin Keith S. De Perio

No comments:

Post a Comment