Sunday, January 9, 2011

THE OUR LADY OF LOURDES PARISH IN ANGELES CITY

Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Angeles City


Last December 20, 2010 I went to Angeles City to bring home Peter and Paul who went to our hometown. Before reaching their home I noticed a very beautiful church as if brand new. I was told that this is the Our Lady of Lourdes Parish. I immediately remember that this parish church is where Fr. Augie Dingal, CRS was ordained. I was here then about 11 years ago and that time I was not yet an ordained minister of the Church. Actually, I sung the Responsorial Psalm on that Ordination: "On Eagle's Wings".


After bringing the boys home I immediately depart with Bob our family driver. We were concerned that we might be caught by holiday traffic although we were able to travel from San Jose del Monte City to Angeles City for a little more than an hour. Despite the fear of traffic trap, I decided to drop by in front of the church to take some pictures of the facade.


The Bellfry

While taking pictures I heard a very familiar voice shouting nearby: "Hey, I know this one!" And lo and behold, Fr. Augie in person was there. He was smiling a lot and happily greeted me with fraternal hug. He was in jogging attire that morning and he decided to go in front of the Church by impulse. The Lord wanted him to meet me in front of His temple.


Fr. Augie immediately invited us to his parental home. Feeling of sadness filled my mind when I reached his house because I remember it from memory. I have visited it about four times before and the last time his parents were still alive. Now both of his folks have returned to the Father's House. However, his sister was there to welcome us with warm hospitality for which the Kapampangan are known: "Tuloy po Among. O what a blessing to have a priest enter our house."


The Parish Office

Ate immediately heated the stove and prepared some ham and bread for us with a very nice cold drink while Fr. Augie joyfully join us on table not to eat but to slice oranges and serving us like VIP's. I am very touched by his friendship and generosity. We were really filled up and decided not to take any other snacks a long the way afterward.


The rectory and convent uniting the church and the office

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO FR. AUGIE FOR HIS CHARITY AND OF COURSE TO HIS BELOVED SISTER.


Like the Basilica of St. Peter in the Vatican the top of the Church was decorated by the statues of the Apostles


Stained glass depicting the two Angels


The beautiful interior of the Church with Fr. Augie explaining things to me... he is still on his jogging attire. He, he, he...


Statue of the Angel holding a basin of Holy Water


Image of the Assumption of Mary... The Woman Clothed with the Sun and standing on the Moon, appeared in heaven....


The right side of the Church


Another statue of an Angel holding a basin of Holy Water


The Immaculate Conception


The left side of the Church


The Holy Cross


The Nativity Scene, the Baby Jesus is not yet on the manger. It is reserved for Christmas Day celebration


The Lord Jesus and St. John the Baptist


The Lectern


The High Altar


St. Peter the Apostle


The celebrant's chair


The Blessed Sacrament guarded by two Angels like the Ark of the Covenant


The interior of the Lourdes Parish viewed from the Altar to the Main Entrance


St. Paul the Apostle


St. Joseph and the Child Jesus


Stained Glass of the Immaculate Heart of Mary


The Madonna and Child

No comments:

Post a Comment